Treat Yourself – The Frenzi Guide To Self Careon Monday, April 16, 2018
It seems as if we’ve had an argument with winter, and winter keeps leaving the room in a huff, only to burst back into the room a minute later to scream, “And another thing…!”
Needless to say, this back and forth relationship we’ve been having with winter is wearing on our nerves. But we’ve got a temporary solution to the cold grey skies that are preventing us from frolicking in true springtime fashion — desserts.
It’s a scientific fact that ice cream (and by association, frozen yogurt) makes you happy. This theory has been proven with numerous studies, including this one from European neuroscientist collective NeuroSci:
“…eating ice cream activates the part of the brain called the Orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), which indicates the positive emotional pleasure and reward value of the ice cream.”
(but) we also found activation in other areas of the brain:
– The primary somatosensory cortex — activated by the texture and temperature of the ice cream
– The insula cortex — activated by the taste of the ice cream. This area also monitors and regulates the body’s physical state
– The motor cortex — activated by the mouth movements involved in eating this ice cream
– The dorso-lateral prefrontal cortex — activity in this area reflects attention to the ‘exciting’ ice cream stimulus
– The retro-splenial cyngulate — activity here reflects the internal emotional check on how I am feeling
Next time you visit historic Downtown Gresham, stop by Frenzi Frozen Yogurt for some self-care and treat yourself! Visit our menu to see our seasonal offerings and plan your next visit. Don’t forget to stop by every Wednesday for Waffle Cone Wednesdays – buy one dessert and receive one waffle cone or waffle cup free!